Chandlers: landscaping materials and inspiration for a beautiful garden feature
As the months pass, and the seasons slowly roll back around to the Great British summer, our thoughts inevitably turn to spending time in our gardens and outdoor spaces and giving them some TLC.
Here at Chandlers Building Supplies we provide construction products, along with hard and soft landscaping materials, which are ideal for achieving a garden makeover and creating a practical and attractive feature – our product lines cover:
- Natural limestone and sandstone paving
- Concrete block paving
- Treated timber decking
- Popular secondhand softwood railway sleepers
- Decorative aggregates, including slate chippings, flint and pebble
- Quality turf, soil and weed-suppressing fabrics
- Compost bark chippings
- Concrete fence posts
- Timber fence panels
Why create a garden feature?
There can be more to gardening than growing plants and mowing the lawn – installing a garden feature is a part of the overall design and will ensure that it remains interesting all year round, even in the winter months.
What kind of feature to choose?
This is all dependent on personal preference, as well as the type of garden you have, the size of space you're working with, your lifestyle and budget for landscaping materials.
Here are some popular landscaping features to consider for your garden:
- A rockery, or rock garden, is an attractive natural-looking feature and is especially suited to garden terrain with steep slopes or a walled area.
- Simple paved or shingled paths can be used to create a focal point and lead the eye, and they are also practical.
- If you enjoy entertaining friends and family then a firepit or barbecue can become a social focus in your garden.
- Water features are a great way to add interest and movement to your garden. Choose from a pond – perhaps with some fish in it for added 'zen' – or opt for the moving water of a fountain; banked and sloped landscapes offer the opportunity for creating small waterfalls and even a bird bath can add interest and draw wildlife to your garden.
- From large gardens to small courtyards, focal points are important and these can be achieved with ornaments or statuary; in the garden anything goes, provided it complements the style and surroundings.
Adding features to the garden provides the opportunity to let your imagination run wild, personalising the garden and making it uniquely yours.
Chandlers Building Supplies has quality construction and landscaping materials for every project
Open to both trade customers and members of the public, when you visit Chandlers you can be assured of friendly advice and expert recommendations, where required.
With several branches located across the South East of England, as established builders merchants we offer an extensive and diverse range of building supplies which include:
- Construction and insulation materials
- Internal finishing products, including pre-mixed paint and mixed-to-order and accessories (Chertsey & Lewes branches)
- Groundworks and landscaping materials
- Kitchen design and supply (Chertsey branch)
- Bathroom design and supply (Lewes branch)
- Electrical goods (selected branches)
- Tools and hardware
- Porotherm (environmentally-friendly clay block system)
- Sustainable building solutions spanning water, energy, green flat roofing and fabric
For all enquiries or to see our range or place an order, please visit your nearest Chandlers Building Supplies site or call us today.