Christmas gifts available from your local builders merchant for the DIY enthusiast
It's the issue that we all face at Christmas time; what to buy friends and family. Most of us will frantically rush from shop to shop or spend hours searching online, looking for the perfect Christmas gift. However there's one place to head to when it comes to finding the ideal present for the DIY devotee. If your loved one is a budding self-builder or a regular interior decorator, then there are a number of gifts that will make this Christmas extra special and you won't have to travel miles to find them, as your local builders merchant will stock a range of products to inspire.
So, if you're struggling to come up with ideas, here are our top gift selections for the handyman or woman in your life this Christmas:
• Our top pick for the ultimate DIY gift is the power tool, and your local builders merchant is the ideal place to browse for the latest models or to seek advice regarding the right tool. At Chandlers Building Supplies we stock a huge range, from drills and saws, to sanders and screwdrivers. The multi-tool is the most versatile and will help to create a professional finish on most building materials.
• For those long, heavy duty jobs, why not treat your loved one to a Makita site radio, so they can while away the hours listening to the radio. These devices are compatible with MP3 players and smartphones, offering superb sound quality over the noise of machinery and can withstand heavy knocks due to the protective rubber casing.
• Don't forget the stocking fillers, those everyday items that make the job so much easier, from tape measures to a set of good quality screwdrivers.
• For the ultimate DIY accessory, the utility belt is a simple but effective addition. It ensures you have all the tools you need, immediately to hand, so no more climbing up and down ladders to retrieve individual items. Your local builders merchant will stock a range of options and sizes, from smaller belts and holsters to full aprons with heavy duty holders.
• Proper protective clothing and footwear is something lots of DIY enthusiasts overlook, however it's important to wear the right gear for the job. Why not treat your self-builder to a high-quality pair of safety boots with steel toe-caps. Not only will they look the part but they may thank you for saving some toes later on.
Chandlers Building Supplies has a huge range of building goods and accessories, many of which you may be surprised to find in your local builders merchant. With over 20,000 products in stock we'll help you locate the ideal present, and if you're still struggling for inspiration, our friendly staff are on-hand to talk through ideas and offer advice. You can find your nearest branch here.