Schools asked to paint for the planet
We are asking schools in the Lewes area to help us paint a mural that will go on display in our new Sustainable Building Solutions Centre in our Lewes branch.
Schools are able to come up with as many designs as they would like, but they must have an environmentally friendly and sustainable theme. Four schools will be chosen as winners and students will be invited to come into the Lewes branch to paint their mural. Each school will also receive £50 to spend on art supplies.
Phil Barnard, Head of Sustainability at Chandlers, said, "At the moment we have a green partition wall that separates the Sustainable Building Solutions Centre from the rest of the branch and the murals will be going on that wall. Schoolchildren can get creative and feature anything from saving the planet and reducing energy to sustainability and using earth's natural resources, it really is up to them and I look forward to seeing what designs they come up with."
Our new Sustainable Building Solutions Centre features a number of the latest sustainable, eco friendly and energy efficient products including rainwater harvesting systems, biomass boilers, water efficient bathroom suites and solar panels.
Schools are able to submit as many designs as they would like. Designs must be submitted in landscape on A4 or A3 paper and sent to Chandlers Sustainable Solutions mural competition, c/o PMW Communications, Stane Court, Stane Street, Billingshurst, West Sussex, RH14 9HP. The deadline for entries is Friday 14th November.
Terms & Conditions
- Any entries received after Friday 14th November will not be included.
- Entries must be submitted in landscape and on A4 or A3 paper.
- Please ensure the school and name of the student are on the back of each entry.
- Winning schools must be available to paint their mural at the Lewes branch of Chandlers Building Supplies, which is based on Daveys Lane. A mutually agreed date and time will be arranged.
- Winning schools agree to being involved in publicity about the competition.
- The judge's decision is final.